- Research and Development of new original medicinal agents, products and formulations
- Development and improvement of assessment methodology for new pharmaceuticals
- Development and improvement of new quality control standards in Clinical Pharmacology and methods of drug use evaluation.
Development of Cochrane reviews on pertinent for Russian Health System topics.
The Department carries out its research in close cooperation with other departments of Kazan Federal University and leading experts in the field of pharmacology from the Russian Federation and abroad.
International cooperation includes the collaboration with:
- World Health Organization (WHO Regional Office for Europe, Copenhagen, Denmark) and the University of Groningen (The Netherlands) on introduction and furthering of the problem-based teaching methodology in clinical pharmacology and rational pharmacotherapy;
- Health Action International (Amsterdam, the Netherlands), is a partner in research and teaching in the field of rational use of medicines, pharmaceutical advertising, ethical aspects of drug promotion and pricing.
- Consortium of Research Programs for Effective Health (Head - Professor Paul Garner, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, University of Liverpool, Cochrane Infectious Diseases Group). We work with the Cochrane collaboration in the development of systematic reviews, dissemination of the new knowledge from systematic reviews and training.
- Eurasian Medical Education Program (EMOP) of the Institute for Health Policy Analysis (Washington DC, USA), Director Dr. E.J. Burger, has been our partner in education and research.