World Asthma Day on 2 May is an annual event on organized by the Global Initiative for Asthma(GINA) to improve asthma awareness and care around the world.
Cochrane Airways works with authors (typically clinicians and researchers) to produce systematic reviews on chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), bronchiectasis and other lung diseases, and asthma. Below are a variety of Cochrane resources related to World Asthma Day.
- Yoga may have health benefits for people with asthma (also in Russian, Polish, and Traditional Chinese).
- Yoga helps my asthma: Julie’s story and new Cochrane evidence on Evidently Cochrane.
- ‘The Workout That Actually Helps Your Asthma’ in Women's Health.
- 'Yoga may help asthmatics breathe freely’ in Big News Network.
Tuesday, May 2, 2017
- Remote versus face-to-face check-ups for asthma.
- Triggering the trigger: assessing the evidence for sublingual immunotherapy for asthma.
- Featured Review: Chronic disease management programmes for adults with asthma.
- Intravenous magnesium sulfate for treating children with acute asthma in the emergency department.